In this episode I introduce you to my sidekick Dawn. Dawn and I talk about how we first became friends more than 20 years ago working in the legal field, how we re-connected just a few years ago when we again worked together, and how we have been BFFs ever since! We also discuss a top ten list I created after getting input from several women I graduated from high school with about what we love most about being over 50. This list is as follows:
TOP TEN LIST: BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING OVER 50
10. We now realize that worry is worthless and just a waste of time and energy.
9. We can now focus on taking care of ourselves, while our 20s, 30s, and 40s were spent taking care of our families.
8. We now have time to follow our dreams and do things that bring us joy.
7. We don’t need the approval of others anymore and are much less concerned about what other people think of us and whether or not they like us, etc.
6. We realize the importance of cultivating good friends that make us happy, don’t judge us, and will be there no matter what.
5. We aren’t as afraid of taking risks and can try new things without the paralyzing fear of failure.
4. We decide who and what we want to be, not what others expect us to be, whereas when we were younger the pressure put on us by family, parents, our job, our culture, and society many times shaped and molded us into what we didn’t necessarily want to be.
3. We are no longer afraid to say no, or many times hell no!
2. We finally realize our own worth and value.
1. We can finally say “I love who I am!”
Check out The New 30 Podcast website at www.new30podcast.com and leave a comment about what YOU love about being over 50. Thanks for listening!